Sunday, March 2, 2008

Next on the Agenda

Sometimes I feel like I spend my time looking to the future. I enjoy each event as it happens, but there always seems to be something coming that I need to be getting ready for. When March started yesterday the calendar was fairly empty, but now it is nearly full. Granted, many things should be fun but there is little time to reflect on what I'm going to be doing. Some of the stuff I have on the calendar are work related some are play related.

Tuesday we give the dreaded TAKS test in 4th grade writing and 3rd and 5th grade reading. The other tests will come later in the spring. TEA in all their wisdom originally had the test scheduled for this date, but changed it about a month ago to Wednesday because many schools are polling places and they thought it best if the test date was changed. Big problem for students in Matagorda County. Our annual fair and rodeo starts on Wednesday and many of our students have animals they show at the fair, and we have our only long break scheduled for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Our curriculum director got in touch with TEA and after much discussion we got a waiver to give the test as originally scheduled. That is the first thing for March. Work related.

Tuesday evening I'm flying to Amarillo to spend some much needed time with my youngest daughter and grandchildren. I'm in serious need of hearing, "Grammar, Grammar." and the hugs and play that come with each request. It will be a whirlwind trip as all my trips to the panhandle are, but I'm really looking forward to it.

As soon as my plane lands on Sunday though the next event on my calendar happens. Robert and I agreed to be a host home for a choir from India that is going to be touring in the United States for about 9 months. No, we won't have them for 9 months, just two nights. We are to meet the children and the sponsor who will be staying with us at 3:30. I do have to feed them a meal on Monday night. Not sure what it will be, but we were asked not to feed them junk food --- so much for ordering a pizza. :) Oh, they also eat breakfast each morning --- that is a big deal in my home, but I'm sure it will all work out.

There is handbell practice each Tuesday eveing for an hour and choir practice each Wednesday evening. We will be giving a practice TAKS test for the 4th and 5th grades in Math and then beginning their blocking. A time period set aside each day to concentrate on the skills the students are weak in.

The 14th is Ladies Movie Night at the church, hosted by the Women's Ministry Outreach of which I'm a part of the stirring committee so I feel like I really need to be there. And besides it should be a good movie.

On the 15th Robert and I planning a little outing together since we haven't done anything together is a while. These plans aren't real definite yet, but we are keeping the date open for US!

Easter Sunday I have to be at church for both services because the Celebration Choir is preforming in both the early service and the regular service. And boy is that tough to do when the pieces are both very high! Hopefully this sinus thing I have going on will be gone by then.

Then on the 24-26 Robert will be gone to Austin which means I'll have evening to myself. I always enjoy those nights alone. Gives me a chance to stay up late and not feel guilty. Then that last weekend of March Tom and Beverly are coming down for a few days. Which brings us to April. Whew ----

Isn't that a face you would just love to kiss? Amy said that this is what Ben does any time you ask him to smile for the camera now. Oh, he love to eat brownies! Definately my grandson.

No comments: