Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wandering Thoughts

I drove home over two days, Sunday to Donna's in the Fort Worth area and then on Monday on home. Both days of driving were uneventful for the most part. There were big trucks on the highways, so I did have to be alert. There were also a pick-up pulling a stock trailer who wanted to share the same portion of the road as me, but a toot of my horn awakened him to my presence and when I went on past him, he had a very sheepish apologetic look -- and of course there were the out of state cars who thought the Texas high ways are the autobahn with no suggested speed limits.

Even with all of these distractions needing my attention my mind did wander in strange directions at times and I began wondering about the expected grandchild. The thought process went something like this.

Said child is expected March 1. How many days is that? 30 days has September, April, June and November. So I need September and November so that is 60 day. Then October, December, and January have 31 each so that is that is 93 more for 153. Then you add in February with 28 for 181. Since the day I was driving was August 17 I had to add 14 more days to come up with 195 days until I'll be a Grammar again.

That was one of the random things I did to keep myself entertained while driving.

I'm excited --- a new grandbaby!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You were a math major, right?

IdaR said...

It is exciting, isn't it. Another new baby in the family. I am very happy for them (and for you,too)

Ladykli said...

wow I don't think I could have figured that out in my head. I'd need paper. congrats on the future grandbaby!

Carrie said...

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!

Need. More. Time. I'm thinking elephants have it right--22-24 months to prepare for baby. That would be about right for us.

amanew said...

I will remind her of that comment when in month 8 she is screaming for the end to come.