Friday, December 14, 2007

Not a Bad Sport Just a Poor Loser

I had to stop this post and work on my computer --- it had been acting funny ever since I updated the Yahoo stuff. I don't know how I managed but I changed my homepage, no longer have my Google toolbar -- which wiped out all my bookmarks -- have a new way to get to everything. I spent most of Thursday evening on this debacle. I think I have now gotten the computer running smoothly. At least I can type and the computer keep up. I'm not sure I like the new format, but don't know how to get back to the old one. I'm sure that in a day or two this will feel right to me and I'll wonder why I ever thought the old was better.

Last night (Friday) I went to a Christmas Scrabble party the home of a friend. There was a small group there so we only had two tables. Now for me just to be at a scrabble party is ironic in itself because I am not known as a word person and my spelling is not, shall we say, the best. I felt I did a decent job or at least an adequate job though. My best word was worldly for a triple score and my poorest word was for only 3 points. I did challenge when one lady after me when she spelled quizzed with only one z, but no one else would agree to the challenge so she got the word. Because of where she put it she got 72 points for a misspelled word! It was hard to be *nice* after that because I am not a really great loser. Later I looked quiz up to to be sure I knew what I was thinking was right. Mary came in second overall for the evening so I felt better that she didn't win --- my booby prize was nice to get as long as she didn't win ---- I told you I was a bad sport -- I didn't however say anything to Mary but I couldn't resist showing the word to my fellow table mates.

This morning Robert and I are off to the Christmas brunch. My cookies should be a mild hit -- they are cute so life looks good. The weather here just isn't very Christmasy --- the temperature is 71 degrees and it is raining --- go figure. Two of my favorite people. Abby and Robert on her first birthday.

No comments: