Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Not a Creature Was Stirring -- Except the Mice

This evening I made 3 1/2 dozen Peanut butter Mice cookies (the recipe said it would make 5 dozen, mine must be a little large). They really turned out cute, but were more work than I thought they would be. I followed the recipe that came with them. Next time I plan to use my own quick and simple peanut butter recipe --- One egg, One cup sugar, One cup peanut butter --- mix well, bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes. I figure if I chill the dough it will be the same. Of course I'll probably have to double the recipe in order to get the 3 dozen, but that will be simple enough.


Now why did I make these cookie you ask -- they are for a Christmas brunch that Robert and I are attending on Saturday morning and I was looking for something a little different. These should fill that bill nicely. Now if one of you creative types who are good with poetry in the form of a paradox would drop we stanza or two for "'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, Not a creature was stirring except these little mice" ------- that is as far as I could get. :) I'll put it on a card next to the cookies just for the entertainment value. I always say presentation is nine-tenths of the review so I need some help presenting them.
Doesn't she look like she would enjoy making cookies? This was taken in Mexico while on a Caribbean cruise in the fall of 2005. We had a great time driving the ATV's on the beach. It was my first time to drive one and it took me a little bit to get it down --- I couldn't remember how to shift gears and was just putting along until Robert could get beside me to tell me how. Loved our WWII surplus helmets --- they reminded me of the one in Hogan's Heroes for some reason --- maybe we should have been on a motorcycle with a side car. :)

No comments: