Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Three Days and Counting

Today I begin the packing process. All the clothes are washed, I need to press a couple of things and a button really needs to be sewn on a pair of pants, but wouldn't have to be. Now comes the folding and stacking and thinking part of the trip. We own about 6 different suit cases of various sizes --- no reason to go buy a shiny new one, even though the urge to have something *new and shiny* to take is strong I'm going to resist so I can have those few dollars for the UK.
Oh, we got our free money from the government the other day. It hit me as rather ironic that the reason for giving us the money in the first place is to stimulate the economy and help strengthen the dollar and what am I doing, going on a trip overseas to spend the money. And to think that those people aren't gracious host ----- hump. That last part about the English not being gracious host is just from hearsay. I haven't been overseas in about 25 years, and I know the political scene has changed greatly since than, but I can't help but believe that they are still wanting the American dollar even if it is weak right now --- I'll pay their price, smile and say please and thank you and ignore any haughty looks because that is what I do ---say please and thank you and get along pretty well. I find being nice is the best way to be.
I'm sure I'm going to over pack even though I'm trying hard to not make that mistake, but I never know what I'm going to want to wear and want to have everything I'll need in every situation. Probably won't happen the way I want it to, but it will happen anyway.
I've had lots of well wishes and have been told by many friends to take lots of pictures. I'm not the best photographer, but I do plan to take lots of pictures. Snap, snap, snap is going to be my motto and since I have the new glasses and can actually see what I'm taking pictures of on the camera I might actually get a few really good ones.
I'm very excited and must now get up and actually begin doing the list of things that need to be done.

No comments: