Thursday, July 23, 2009

Help, I've Messed Up and Can't Fix It

There are some people who think I know a lot about a computer by which they mean the Internet. These few people are sorely mistaken. Oh, I know how to chase rabbits around and can usually find the information I want. I know how to shop online and I do a lot business online. I can make a book of stamps last so long that I don't even know that the cost of a postage stamp is anymore.

But there is so much I don't know about using a computer. And with this blog it has become frustratingly obvious. I'm sure all of my few readers have noticed that the information that used to be on the right of the blog text is now below it. I don't know how that happened. I can tell you when, but I have no clue as to what I mistakenly did to make it happen and I have no clue as to how to make it go back the way it was.

I need a guru to repair the damage mistake I've made. (See that nice strike. I went to a site and studied html codes and learned that. So I am willing to learn. Just can't find where it says if you did this then you now need to do that.)

If you think you can help let me know ---- I would definitely appreciate it.

3 comments:

Jo Ann Franklin said...

All I can think of is to go into Layout and drag the items around, but I'm sure you've already tried that, right? I'm really not one to be telling you how to fix this kind of thing. Now I know enough about the programs we use at work that my boss thinks I'm a computer whiz, so I just let him think that :), but I always say I know just enough to be dangerous!

IdaR said...

I don't know of anything else either. Everyone at my work thinks I'm a computer genius, I can clean up a computer fairly well and I can put together an ok website, but know very little about the workings of blogger. There is a faq section you might check with. Or ask on one of the blogger community sites.

Unknown said...

Patsy,

Somehow your CSS or XML code has been changed or corrupted. Essentially, the bit that describes your 'Sidebar' is the problem. I think I can help if you'll let me,but it will me allowing me access to your Dashboard so I can download your template and see where the problem is.

It means trusting a total stranger.

Email me at lou.lohman@gmail.com