Monday, July 7, 2008

Excuses for No Pictures

I know you all want pictures, but today was my first official day home since we left on June 20 for the trip to the UK. Granted we flew back from Manchester, England on July 2, but Robert and I left on the third for a quick trip to Amarillo to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday with my sisters and visit his parents and sons. We drove the 650 miles home on Sunday. Hence today was my first day home.
This morning was spent doing the things that had to be done before I could even look a the 1,450 pictures I had taken of the trip. Things like take the mustang out to get the oil changed, tires rotated and the silly recall Ford had about some malfunction of the passenger airbag taken care of. Then there was the matter of no food in the house so I had to make a stop at the grocery store to refill the pantry and refrigerator.

I did get all the pictures downloaded and began going through them deleting the ones that were really bad and labeling all the others, which has proven to be a very time consuming process since I'm having trouble remembering what some of them are even about and have found myself Googling different things just to find names. I want to get all that done then go through and pick favorites that would be of interest to others -- no one but maybe Robert should be subjected to all of them. I envision neat groupings with clever title, which will probably not happen.

Here are two teaser pictures. The first is Robert and me ready to get to the airport to check in and the second is Robert outside Heathrow Airport making sure our luggage is loaded on the bus.

No comments: