Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #4







Thirteen Things about MY NAME

1. I've never really liked my name.


2. My husband didn't like my name when we first met and didn't call me by it for a long time.


3. I'm named for my daddy's first grade girlfriend.


4. I've never used a nickname.


5. I thought of a clever way to write my name a few years ago, but have never used it. (Pat C. for Patsy Cartwright instead of Patsy)


6. Lately I've met several women with the same name.


7. I cried when I found out what a *patsy* is. (junior high is tough)


8. I laughted when my grandson told everyone that my name was NOT Patsy, but is Grammar. "That's not Patsy; that's Grammar!"


9. Not many *famous* people have the name Patsy. But I like Patsy Cline.


10. In Ireland Patsy is a male name too.


11. My name means Noble.


12. Patsy is NOT ranked on the SSA (Social Security Administration) ranking list for babies born in the last year.


13. If I had to pick a name for me I'd probably be Patricia --- then Patsy could be my nickname.




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



No comments: