Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"I'd Like Chocolate with my Whine, Thank You!"

Can you catch things over the internet? I know several of you haven't been well lately. I don't feel good. I've got a low grade temp., my ears feel funny (they don't hurt they just don't feel right), my throat hurts, and my chest feels tight.

I really don't think I caught this from any of y'all, but I am going to blame those little urchins I call students who sneezed, wheezed and coughed on me last week. Or it could just be allergies since everyone seems to be having trouble with something causing them to act up.

I've taken meds, and will be fine in a day or two, but right now I'm going to just whine because I don't feel good. I'm the best whiner around when I'm sick. Everyone likes it better when I'm not sick. I make sure of that.

And I want some chocolate --- there is none in the house because of the diet. Bummer.

To make matter worse. I didn't get paid today. Not really a problem, but it's no fun not getting a paycheck when everyone else is getting theirs. Mine was probably mailed. When I'm just subbing and not working full time that is what the pay clerk does -- she mails it. I'm sure she just hasn't realized yet that I'm now working as a long term sub. Strange title, but it is what it is.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, be better, baby. A nice cup of strong tea, with some honey and lemon in it. And a little shot of Brandy. Fix you right up.

IdaR said...

I'm sorry that you don't feel good. Try Russel Stovers Sugar Free chocolates. They are wonderful and guilt free! Feel better soon, sis.

Momisodes said...

Sorry to hear. Hope you feel better soon. Perhaps you need some hot chocolate?