Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #17 -- Since We Were Last Together


Thirteen things I've done since the last Thursday Thirteen.


1. On Friday I went shopping with #1 daughter who was down for the Women of Faith Conference in Houston. Found some really nice jean slacks and a couple of new tops. I love shopping.

2. When we go home I hemmed said slacks and washed them so I could take the to the conference. I love having new clothes for trips.

3. We travel with a group of about 15 women to Houston where we enjoy the music and speaking of several of the converence team. Then spent the night in the Marriot Hotel close to the Toyota Center.

4. Saturday I enjoyed a picnic lunch with the women in our group on Saturday at a park across from the Toyota Center. It was a beautiful fall day with perfect weather for a break from the conference.

5. I sat up Saturday evening after arriving back home and visited with #1 daughter for a while. Laughed at her silly cats who didn't seem to understand that they didn't have free range of my house. Doors to certain rooms were kept shut.

6. I attended early church service (because Robert is an usher this month at said service) and Bible study.

7. I revealed in a peaceful afternoon watching/listening to football and being on the computer.

8. After evening church services we went to supper with a group of friends. This is a "tradition" that has developed in the past year or so that has fostered some strong friendships.

9. Of course I worked Monday, and while there found out I have to be fingerprinted for my job at the school. Seems that all teachers/school personnel now have to be printed and there is quite the hoopla about how it is to be done. I really don't understand it all, but I went on line and did the required registration.

10. On Tuesday I worked. It was pretty much the average day with no surprises. I left early because of a strange schedule that had my student unavailable the last hour -- no need to hang around.

11. I went to the court house when I got home and cast my vote. Even though it was early voting there was a line. It seemed to be pretty steady. I was about the third one from the door when I got there and and as someone moved in it seemed others arrived. The line consitantly was three out the door.

12. Here it is Wednesday. Again I worked, but again got to leave early. I could get used to this.

13. I had a hair appointment at 6:00pm to get my hair trimmed. It is always nice to be neatened up a bit. After that was choir practice. It lasted long tonight. Seems the new choir director is beginning to work for perfection --- good for how the choir sounds but hard for some of us with less than perfect voices. He is patient though.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I've actually done 13 different things in the last week. The same thing 13 times, easy, but not 13 different things.

Anonymous said...

You've had a busy week!

Gattina said...

Probably a week like others, lol ! Besides your voting of course.

SandyCarlson said...

What a busy, rich life! God bless.

Unknown said...

So with this busy life style you've got goin' here, when do you get to go out and do jello shots with the girls?

Michelle said...

Sounds like you've had a peaceful yet busy week. Thanks for sharing. Happy TT!

Denise Patrick said...

Great list. I love shopping, but I still have my dh's pants sitting next to my computer to hem. Sham on me!

Happy TT!

Momisodes said...

Goodness, you've had a busy week! Good for you for getting your vote in early. I wish we could do that here.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm in need of a trim.