Thursday, January 1, 2009

100 Word Challenge -- Doorway


After taking a couple of weeks off I've once again created for the challenge from Velvet Verbosity with 100 Words for doorway.


Slowly, I walked down a long, door lined corridor. I was looking for something, some place that I was supposed to be. Each door had a sign on it, but none of them was what I was looking for. On I walked past doorway after doorway stopping briefly at each trying to decide if it was the right one, if it was the one I was supposed to enter. I looked back up the empty hall at all the doors I hadn’t opened. I hesitated on the threshold of the last door then with one hard push I entered.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

curious. I love entries that keep me guessing ^_^

Anonymous said...

Nicely done. Sometimes we just have to pick one and see what happens eh.

Anonymous said...

Umm...that Anonymous was me...hit enter too soon.

Anonymous said...

I stepped away for a few weeks, too. I'm humbled by the other entries to doorway, yours included. Great job :)

Anonymous said...

Patsy, so far all the entries have been metaphors on choices we must make in life, or not having the courage to find the doorway, or simply not seeing it. Great minds think alike, but I love seeing all the variations on a theme.

In this one you had to make a final decision, not knowing what would be on the other side. Life is a lot like that, isn't it?

Thanks for taking the challenge again!