Annie over at Hootin Anni's posted a little game that sounded like fun. Here is how it goes. You are assigned a random letter of the alphabet. You then post ten things you love that begin with that letter. If you read this blog and want to play leave a comment and I'll give you a random letter. Others read you and comment. You assign the letter and on and on it goes. That simple.
Ten Things That I love That Start with *H*
1. Home – I’m much like Dorothy form the Wizard of Oz who said “There’s no place like home.” The problem I have is deciding exactly where home is. Whenever I’m going to see my parents I say, “I’m going home.” But when I leave them I’m going home also. Home is where I’m comfortable, where I’m loved, where I can be myself.
2. Honey—This is nature’s perfect food. I don't eat honey often, but I do enjoy it with peanut butter on toast.
3. Hot Dogs—This is another favorite food that I don’t indulge in often. I can eat a hot dog any way you want to prepare it. It can be grilled, boiled, nuked, split open and fried (a favorite from my childhood) or even cold from the package (although that is no longer recommended according to the package). I will eat them with a bun or bread. I like mustard, sweet relish, and a bit of chopped onion. Chili and cheese are optional.
4. Honesty—The virtue I look for and expect in people. I don’t think “Honesty is the best policy “ is just a trite saying. I think if more people (especially those in high positions) would take that thought to heart then we all would be better off.
5. Hair—I have good hair, and I’m proud of my hair. I work hard to have stylish hair. Over the years I’ve had many different hair styles from long to short, curly to straight, bobbed to stacked and the current spiky do. Robert is willing to let me do whatever I want with my hair which is probably a good thing since I would have done it anyway.
6. Hope—The hope for the future is something we have heard a lot about lately from politicians, but I think the hope for the future lies with the children of our nation. That is one reason I do my job. The hope for us, for the world, is through education.
7. Happiness—The *H* word that makes me smile. I think that happiness is a state of mind. You can choose to be happy or unhappy. Except for the occasional day when I have a pity party I choose to be happy.
8. Health—I am lucky to have good health. Well, actually Robert and I both have good health and for that I praise God. I have many friends my age that take a handful of pills every morning to regulate all kinds of things from blood pressure to allergies. I do have to take a weekly Fosomax and Robert does take Crestor, but that is it for us. Sure we have slowed down little, heck we are 60 years old, not exactly spring chickens.
9. Helping – I can help. Just give me a call. I’ll offer, but until you ask I’ll pretty well leave you alone. I know there are people who just show up and get the job done. I wish I were one of them, but I’m not. I have tried to change, to become that person, but to no avail.
10. Hydrangeas—A beautiful flower that starts with *H*. I was given a beautiful hibiscus plant by a couple that I helped a couple of years ago. They were broken down on the side of the road, and were walking away from their vehicle. I knew it was a long way to town, they were nicely dressed in a new model vehicle and something in me just said stop. They had run out of gas, couldn’t believe that I had stopped and actually lectured me on the dangers of what I had done. I drove them to a service station where we got gas then back to their vehicle. Two days later a beautiful plant and thank you know were left sitting by my garage. I planted them in a flower bed there at the house and enjoyed them until we moved.
1 day ago