The I say :: You think meme
- Arrival :: departure
- Vomit :: puke
- Fit :: too tight
- Stutter :: stammer
- Lifestream :: family
- Tread :: lightly
- Desire :: lust
- Freezing :: cold
- Permit :: allow
- Crinkle :: wrinkle
This is a meme where you get to be both the interviewee and the interviewer. I guess it started with Maria at Immoral Matriach, who asked Maggie some questions, who then asked Lou some questions, who asked Julie some questions who then asked me some questions that I've answered below.
1. What is your earliest childhood memory? My earliest childhood memory is the birth of my youngest sister. Well, I don't actually remember her being born and I think the memory is really me wanting my mother. I was three. The memory came more like a dream than a sharp clear picture. I remember being in a dark park. Dark because the sun was blocked by all the big trees. I remember being scared, but it was okay because Daddy was with me. We were looking up at a very large building with dark red bricks and lots of windows. Way up at the top was my mommy. Her blond hair was shining because she was above the trees where the sun was shining and she was waving to me, but she wouldn't come down. That is what I remember. When I described this scene to my mother she said that what I pictured was the old Saint Anthony's Hospital (edited because of Ida's comment) grounds in Amarillo and it was right after Ida was born. At the time children were not allowed in the maternity ward of a hospital and she was holding the new baby up for us to see. I don't remember there being a baby, but I have a very clear image of my mother in that window.
2. What is your dream vacation? Where would you go if you had unlimited funds and were excused from all responsibilities? Wow, unlimited funds and no responsibilities and since you didn't specify I'm going to assume no time limit. I'd start by going back to Ireland and Scotland. There is so much more of those two countries I want to experience. The trip we took in '08 has whet my appetite to see and do more. I would rent a car (and possibly hire a driver just to be safe) and drive everywhere. Stopping where I want, spending as much time as I want in each place, soaking up the beauty of the country and the pace of the people. Then if I hadn't grown weary of travel I would venture back into England, hey it's right there, and do more of the same.
3. Where is your favorite place to be? After pondering this for some time I've actually decided my favorite place to be is home. Yep, right here in my house with my stuff and my stuffy, but lots of fun hubby. We are just a nice fit. We like to do much the same thing. We both love to just sit -- him in front of the TV and me at the computer but we are in close proximity to each other. We comment on what the other is doing. We like to poke around in old shops looking at things from decades before -- too much of which we know what is and have actually owned our used in our lives. We like to travel together, but neither of us has ever suggested a trip without the other --- well, let me correct that we take lots of side trips alone -- me to see the kids, him for the job or Lions. But vacation type travel is always together. And he is a good sport and takes me to things where I get to dress up. My favorite place to be is with Robert. Yes, that's it.
4. Tell me about your favorite book or movie or song or something. The song by Enya Only Time is probably one of my all time favorites. The words, her voice, the music -- it moves me each time I hear it. Actually the entire CD is a favorite. wild child tempus venum one by one -- They are all favorites for different reasons. That being said, I will read about anything you put in my hand, I listen to a variety of genres of music with enthusiasm, and movies are just not my cup of tea, but I'll watch one if you want to.
5. If you were the supreme ruler of the universe, what petty little pet peeve would be a capital crime? And what would be the punishment? (Like, would people who suck their teeth at the table be banished to the outer rings of Pluto? Or maybe people who drive for miles with their left turn signal on might be allowed to only ever make right turns...) SUPREME RULER OF THE UNIVERSE PATSY says if you drag your feet you will be made to walk 100 miles through a maze made with bars set three inches high so you CAN NOT drag your feet. This comes from walking students to and from sessions each day and then being in the hall during class changes. These are elementary kids who are just to lazy to pick their feet up. It drives me crazy!!!
Want to be part of it?
Follow these instructions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions. (Patsy adds leave an email address if your not sure I have one all ready or I'll leave your questions in a comment.)
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
and 6. Link to this post and all the previous post.