Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tough Choice to Make & Unconscious Mutterings

The meme of I say :: You think




  1. Confirmation :: affirm

  2. Verse :: chapter

  3. Authorize :: okay

  4. Blog :: write

  5. Thirty :: forty

  6. Heir :: descendant

  7. What are you doing? :: what's up

  8. Complaint :: disgruntled

  9. Leave :: go away

  10. Tune :: song

A Bit of Musing
The news for the Gaza Strip is a bit unsettling. I haven't followed it closely. But I do know there is war, unrest, rioting, murder and mayhem in the Holy Lands right now. That all makes the choice about going in December of this year even harder.

The Holy Lands has never been high on my list of must see places, but I would like to take advantage of the opportunity since it is making itself available.

The people we would be traveling with are all good friends and people we really enjoy.

Money isn't a big issue. We always manage to have what we need when we need it.

But that silly fight (okay silly is my word. I'm sure those who know much more than me would choose a different word) has me nervous about committing to this trip. Should a person plan a trip to a war zone? Should a person be excited about the possibility of putting himself in harms way? I'm going to have to wrestle with this a bit longer.

Tonight we go to the first actual meeting about going. Our pastor is the one putting the trip together. I'm sure he will have much information that can calm the nerves, maybe even persuade me that all will be safe. No money has to be exchanged just yet --- and maybe, hopefully by the time it must be things will be better.

5 comments:

Ladykli said...

You have a big decision to make Patsy. Who knows how things will be when you actually go. I will pray that God will give you the right answer. If you go, PLEASE be safe.

I played the meme but didn't post it. I made my list before I looked at yours.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow. Let us know if you get an update on Rudy!

Losing Myself said...

Best thing is to pray about it, if God wants you to go, then He will calm you and provide the way. Personally, I'd jump at the chance to go. Maybe someday God will bless me with the opportunity.

Julie said...

What a tough decision. How soon do you have to commit? Right now I would think it's almost impossible to know what the situation will be like at the end of the year.

Very tough decision.

storyteller said...

Wow ... I'm not sure what I'd do either and I wish you the best with your decision. Prayer always helps me ;--)

I forgot about UM yesterday until quite late, so I did it before I went to bed and set it to auto post overnight at Small Reflections. I wish I could respond more concisely as you did.
Hugs and blessings,

Hootin' Anni said...

Love your mutterings Patsy. Oh yes, that unrest over there would make me have unrest in my heart about going to visit like you...but then, it's may be an opportunity that won't come around again. It would be a very difficult decision for me to make too. The one above will guide you in the right direction, I'm sure.

Happy Monday.