Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's About a Bottle


The flip of the coin this week was tails. Freedom to express one's self as desired. The topic or theme is bottle. At first I was going to write an essay on the history of the bottle, but that sounded to much like an assignment in school, and then I was just going to write a little diddy about how I use bottles, but when I began writing the poetry muse that seems to be wanting to express itself had another idea. The following is what happened. Pretty elementary, but I didn't say it was a great muse --- just the one wanting attention right now.


Genie in a bottle,
Message in a bottle,
Capture our imaginations.

Bottle of lotion,
Bottle of shampoo,
Practial things we use.

Bottle of milk,
Perfume in a bottle,
Things for babe and mom.

Bottle of beer,
Soda in a bottle,
One for dad and one for son.

Made of glass,
Made of plastic,
Many shapes and sizes.

9 comments:

Barb said...

Very creative as well as listing many of the uses for a bottle! :)

Anonymous said...

Great post for bottle :) I too think its quite creative.

Hootin Anni said...

This rendition of the uses and kinds of bottles in our lives is perfect if you ask me, Patsy!!!

Thanks for stopping by yesterday...it's always a pleasure to have you come by.

Ladykli said...

Very Creative as usually Patsy!

In regards to your last comment at my blog. I think downloading ebooks to your little acer would be perfect. And I don't think you would be as limited as to what kind file you load down.

And I am SO ready for Menopause I'll take night sweats over the monthly stuff!

Berni said...

Thanks for commenting on my Head or Tails post.

Glad you didn't keep that poem all bottled up!

Hootin Anni said...

If you feel up to it...you've been tagged. Over at my Thursday blog entry for this week.

Momisodes said...

This was quite clever, Patsy! I have missed your posts so much in these past few weeks. So glad to be back here :)

Stephanie said...

Loved the poem! And I might have to look into a little laptop like you got (in the previous post) - that sounds really neat! :-)

storyteller said...

Fun poetic response to this week's HoTs prompt. I forgot to participate because I got caught up in three other Tuesday memes.
Hugs and blessings,