Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day 9 100 Word Challenge -- Resurrect


Velvet Verbosity is back and the challenge this week is the word resurrect. The following paragraph is the opening of a story that is playing around in my head. I'm not sure I can write it -- I'm usually better at beginnings than endings, but I'm going to try to used each of VV's word prompts to put this story together.

Hank Derby was ready to put his plan to work in this dusty, old town. It needed someone to resurrect it and he was just the man to do it. He was going to set this place on its ear, put it on the map, and make a name for himself. But first he had to convince her to help him. He had never met anyone quite like that long legged, blue-eyed ball of spit fire, but he was ready to give it his best James Dean try. He couldn’t believe that girl didn’t realize what she was sitting on. But with his help, she soon would.

2 comments:

Momisodes said...

Oooh! I'm so intrigued :) I'm so glad to hear the 100 word challenge is back. I missed reading these and giving them a shot!

Anonymous said...

This is my pick of the week! Check it out!