Here is a list of 10 things that made me smile today.
1. Backing out of the garage this foggy morning to see a line of birds sitting on the highline wire this morning.
2. The pure glee in the voice of a listener on the radio when the DJ told her she had just won $10,000.
3. Finding a penny in the parking lot as I walked into school. (I always think of pennies as blessings from heaven.)
4. A hug from second grader Anticia and the question, "When you going to come be my teacher again?" (I haven't been in to work with her since before Thanksgiving because of a crazy schedule.)
5. The oohs and ahhs from the first graders as they passed the Christmas tree in the hall just as I plugged in the multicolored lights.
6. Children singing their Christmas program in the gym. I'm not sure if it was children's voices singing or the fact that I don't have to rehearse them for the program that made me smile.
7. Having lunch with good friends. Some one always has something to say that just makes me glad to be a part of *the group*.
8. My husband calling and ordering a pizza for supper.
9. Feeling needed when Amy called to ask, "Mom, what do you take for an auction at church?" The real question was "Mom, it this a good idea?" and it was. :)
10. Knowing that tomorrow is December 1 and I don't have to blog unless I just want to. And that this blogging everyday thing hasn't been all that bad.
1 day ago